Continuation of exchanges and contacts at the European level.
Board of Directors meeting in videoconference on January 31:
- exchange on the evolution of the website and validation of the choices of the communication group.
- exchange on the training and education actions on the art of Japanese gardens
Proposals by mail from several members on the practices and the steps to be taken for the organization of professional or amateur training on the art of Japanese gardens.
- Meetings and exchanges in videoconference with Japanese professional and governmental organizations (drafting and discussion on future partnership actions with EUROJGA)
- Meetings and exchanges with French communities wishing to develop and restore Japanese gardens (Issy les moulineaux, Boulogne-Billancourt, Dijon, Trevarez).
Contacts and quotation with communication agency to transfer the website on the domain name owned by the Association.
- Various exchanges to implement different actions and trainings.
- Work to put in contact and host European trainees with our Japanese partners; agreement with landscape schools: example in France with the Lycée du frêne (hosting of a trainee in April-May in Japan: at the International School of Horticulture of Gifu, https://www.horticulture.ac.jp/english/ , and at the landscape company UEYAKATO LANDSCAPE Co, LTD in Kyoto, https://ueyakato.jp/en/ ).
Échange avec partenaires japonais pour préparer le déplacement sur plusieurs semaines en octobre 2023 en France et en Europe pour 2 maitres jardiniers japonais.
To be expected in the coming weeks
Sending the activity report to all the members and institutional partners (Japan-Europe)
Sending proposal of reception and organization of the trip of the Japanese master gardeners to all the members of the association and the European partners. → In order to prepare these Autumn Workshops in an efficient and shared way, Yoko would like to ask EuroJGA members to participate in meetings with our Japanese partners, the Japanese Garden Society and Ichizo-kai.
In a first step, Yoko will ask the Japanese speaking members of EuroJGA (e.g. Maiko in UK, Carl De Coster in Belgium, Christian Tagsold in Germany, Nicolas Fiévé and Yoshi in France, etc….) for the next meeting. In a second time, she plans to organize a meeting with the English-French-Japanese translation. All the exchanges with our Japanese partners will be shared with all the EuroJGA members by oral and written.
Preparation and organization of a board meeting by video conference between May 15 and 31.
To consider a general assembly in June or July 2023 in Europe (Country and place to be defined)